Axis Cobra Stainless Rotor
The exclusive BrakeTech
AXIS™ series Ductile Iron full-floaters provides a higher coefficient
of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever.
The patented AXIS Design floating system is many times stronger than conventional
semi-floating brake rotors. The heart of this leading edge system has
the floater buttons controlling radial and axial float only, they are
non load-bearing. All of the considerable braking forces are channeled
through the trademarked Direct-Link™ architecture, comprising over
an 800% increase in surface area load transfer as compared to conventional
floating brake rotors...simply far superior by design!
* Patented AXIS Design
- featuring Direct-Link™ load transfer system
* U.S. Patent No. 6,957,726
* 50% greater Tensile Strength and Fatigue Strength: Ductile Iron vs Gray
* CNC machined from billet (continuous cast bar) - not porosity prone
gravity cast molds
* CRYOGENIC treatment for improved wear resistance
* Greater thermal transfer capability than stainless steel
* Reduced wear from shear forces - longer rotor life
* Carriers CNC machined from premium grade billet aluminum bar - not stamped
* Hard-anodized to military grade specifications
* Made in the U.S.A.